RCU Forums - View Single Post - repairing a coro hing
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Clean

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: repairing a coro hing

Can't count how many spads I've built, but nevertheless I built my club racer, had everything painted and ready to go and then hinged the ailerons. Left one went fine, did the right one and the whole thing fell off in my hand. Oops. Robart Hinge points or the Carl Goldberg hinge joints or regualr hinges will all work, the hinge points are just easier. Drill for the hinge, put some vaseline the point on the hinge and put some heat on it so that it flows into the joint but don't let it get on stud, then mist the hinge with water put a drop of Poly urethane blue on the hole and push the hinge in. Do em all and then flex the joint to line up all the hinge points. When you have it all working and the gap as small as possible, tape it to hold it in place. After 4 hours the glue will be done you can pick out the foam from the hinge line. Make sure everything is flexing right and go fly. If you want to seal the gap you can use tape. For a good, non pealing tape mist the coro where you want it to stick with 3m77 spray adhesive, let it dry for at least 15 minutes and then lay your tape down.