RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro models pusher Bobcat?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 10:40 PM
dragonpilot
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

ORIGINAL: mattgrant

Original Response:

The fuel tank is over the CG at 10". If you balance it at 10" there is a slight change in trim between full tank and nearly empty.

Are you saying to move the fuel tank forward? Right now as we all know, it is installed in the rear compartment, right be hind the engine. Just curious, can the manuel be that in correct?
1. Ok, everyone is getting way to worked up over moving the tank. It is fine where it is. I haven't found any negative tendencies with the fuel drain causing any problems with balance. I even had this Bobcat hovering -anyone try this yet, pretty cool to see. Dive up and then bleed off your speed in the vertical and use large throw control but leave yourself enough altitude for a recovery. You will need it!

2. If you are having problems with richness due to increase pipe pressure, install a hopper in there, and bonus you can fly longer!
3. Regarding reinforcing the landing gear blocks, you can drill holes and fill with exoxy or take a sharp xacto and cut nice square openings near the blocks, carefully remove the balso/covering squares, glue/glass in the blocks and then replace the squares and then wick in CA. Either that or get some same color stick on monokote from your LHS and patch.
4. DON'T ADD SO MUCH LEAD WEIGHT TO THE NOSE. Shove your battery pack way up there and hold in place with some thick foam pad and if that is not enough, Y-connect another pack and shove it in there and balance for aft with that, that way your dead weight is actually usable power for longer flight days.
5. You shouldn't be jumping off the runway, set the nose gear for slight positive angle and hammer it down the runway, it will take off and fly 2-3 off the deck smoothly.
6. I've got triple rates on the elevator, I fly with low and landing takes mid, and 3D stuff take high. If you don't have enough, you need a stronger servo!
The plane will nearly land itself, and touch and goes are fun. keep your rudder handy for the wind...

Hope this helps, thanks.