RCU Forums - View Single Post - New CMP 50-sized Corsair
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 10:02 AM
cathurga

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New CMP 50-sized Corsair

Zeno,

Thanks for all the information, you certainly get my thanks for being the guinea pig on this project, LOL.

Ok, I am going to go with an O.S 90 that I am going to drag out of the Corsair that is being retired....The retiree 'Tinker-Belle' is an ooooold GP Corsair that if you know much about, was one of the worst flying, but nicer looking ARF Corsairs of the day....built like a brick, .40 size that needed a HELL of lot of power to get her up in the air, and keep here there. This plane has been my nemesis and lover for long enough, and I think it is fitting after this season, to send her off! She has had n ASP 60 FS under the hood - too weak, flipped over on her nose 20 times at least, flipped over on her canopy, and smashed her rudder and in the last to sorties, has lost the rudder completly, still flies mind you and does loops and great rolls to boot - sans rudder.

Anyway, she is gone, and I will usher in the new plane with glee. I have\my eyes on some oleo struts with some 'spring' in them, for those rough landings....I will keep you updates as we go.....

Love the look of a Corsair on a flyby......would love to do flaps for this beast as well, would be quite useful I recon...!