RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where did I go wrong?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 01:07 PM
r2champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where did I go wrong?

As stated in my 2nd response, the transmitter was fine from the start. My error led me to believe that it was malfunctioning. Also, it is not worth the money that the servo is worth to bother with sending it in for service (its a standard Futaba 3004). The way I see it is if you guys might have had the same trouble, there might be a quick fix. If I can fix it fine, if not its trash. Just hated to toss it without asking the pros first. My thoughts is that it is a standard servo, not digital, that has all electrical and mechanical components that someone with any background in either could easily visualize the problem. For example, if someone told me that they suspect a resistor might be bad then I could easily replace it. Or maybe even advise on what to look for to find a short, etc. I guess I am digging for a solution because I enjoy tinkering with gadgets, it would be an enjoyable challenge to try to fix it. I understand that the info that I have supplied is limited, please forgive me. Thanks for the advise from everyone.

FYI, Rest assured that I would never endanger anyones life by using this in an aircraft after me tinkering with it.