RCU Forums - View Single Post - good rc for under 300?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Blackfoot
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: good rc for under 300?

ORIGINAL: Kemo

ORIGINAL: MrN8

ORIGINAL: chrobar

If your not gonna be racing, the traxxas nitro sport or rustler are great beginner trucks.
As someone who's not a beginner and owns a Rustler, I'd say look elsewhere.
Nitro sport and rustlers are terrible to start out with. After having both of them driven, i'd pick up a tower hobbies ST-15 before I'd go traxxas. Let me start with all the weaknesses on the rusty/sport: Funny, you said in a different post that you ordered a JATO and backed out, now you say you have had both a Rustler and a Sport. You lie like a wet rug, the only Traxxas you finally admit to having is a Tmaxx that you beat into submission and busted parts on from abuse and then blamed it on the truck

Weak shocks, and they are common to leak This is true

cheap driveshafts. they always break or fall apart. Not true at all. 6 gallons one a set with a ported 2.5 and not 1 single problem.

Extremely finicky engine. terrible engine for a new person to the hobby. Only if you cant tune. How is it I dont have any problems tuning mine?

Radio gear is way below par of today's RTR vehicles. Again, never had any issues with TQ Radios.

Transmission is weak. You'll find that the gears tend to separate from where they are supposed to be. thus ending up with a chipped gear in the tranny. This is the deepest pile of horse crap you have spewed yet. How is it that Ive got a Rustler and a Sport, both with 2.5's, a TMaxx with a 2.5 and a JATO with a 3.3 and NEVER had a single issue with a trans? But The first tank of breakin fuel the Evader I had tore up the ball diff running at just over an idle? Trans weak, Your so clusless its sad.

Suspension arms are of a cheap quality plastic. Another lie. Ive NEVER brok a single arm on any traxxas RC that I have ever owned. I bash harder then you could ever race and yet to break anything but a shocktower and 1 steering knuckle

And thats just a small list of things that need to be improved. For the price you pay to get one of these, its ridiculous. For the "quality" that the rustler is, you SHOULD be able to buy a nitro rustler at 150-200 bucks. But, traxxas would rather disagree. No, go buy a Evader and tear diff after diff out, same with the RC10 and XXX series. If you listen to this clown he will try to tell you that a ball diff is stronger and more reliable then a bevel gear diff. If you want to spend alot of time adjusting the mesh on a diff so you can just go out and burn a tang, get a ball diff. If you want to run tank anfter tank, go with bevel geared diff. Which BTW is exactly what the Tower ST15 has, except you have to wait about a week for parts to arive when you break something!
LMAO, you havent a clue, you just badmouth Traxxas coz you dont like them! If you want do nothing but race, buy something else other then TRAXXAS, if you want a reliable hardcore basher that is bulletproof, get a TRAXXAS. KEMO, you talk more crap on TRAXXAS then you have any right to, I have several and they are very good quality RC's. One of the toughest on the market, else they wouldnt be the highest selling, with repeat buyers. BTW, Duratrash sucks!