RCU Forums - View Single Post - OV-10 Bronco 81"
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 07:53 AM
fancman
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OV-10 Bronco 81"

Got a scale tech bronco now and the difference in construction compared to my kit built bronco is significant. The kit built has plywood sides with ply doublers and the ARF has balso sides with ply doublers. The kit built has some formenrs made with 1/4 x 3/4 basswood sticks and the ARF has all 1/8" formers. The ARF is much lighter built by a long shot. Unfortunately I crashed my kit built but the damage wasn't that bad since it sort of pancaked in. Broke the wing in half, tore off the wing mount from the fuse and the tail fins snapped in half. Had the ARF crashed in the same manner I am sure the fuse, nacelle's would have been heavily damaged, moreso than the kit built one with the fibergrass covering. I'm thinking now that I might strip off the covering of the ARF and fiberglass the fuse and nacelles. Since the ARF is built so light the extra weight of the fiberglass will still put it much under the 22 lb weight of the kit built bronco and add considerable durability. I've got two to play with now so we'll see.
ORIGINAL: fancman

Since I've invested in the Sierra gear for this plane I'll have to get another one if this one should come to an untimely end. Time does seem to fly and I would take another shot at the Bronco anytime. Wouldn't take me years to build again though and perhaps I could shave off a few pounds in the process.