RCU Forums - View Single Post - SR Eindecker E1 Winter Build Along…
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 10:09 AM
skylarkmk1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SR Eindecker E1 Winter Build Along…

Cam,

Thanks for your reply. Without the plans/kit, I was unaware the rudder post pivoted around the tail skid post and therefore negated my suggestion. It was a shot in the dark.

If the rudder post is over the tail post, could a captive wheel collar be placed over the bottom of the rudder post? Due to the brittle nature of Carbon Fiber tubes when compressed by a set screw, I would place the collar as far down the tube as possible to prevent the tube from cracking/breaking near where it exits from the fuse, losing a rudder is not good. Large diameter collars are used as drill depth stops if you can't find one large enough at the LHS. A piece of brass tubing inside the collar and around the CF tube would hold the tube and lessen the chance of crushing the CF tube. If the rudder post is inside the tail post, all the above is negated again.

The reason I am trying to help solve this problem is that the SR Eindecker is on my list of planes to build and I would like to have this little problem solved to the benifit of all and before I get the kit. Thanks for listening.