RCU Forums - View Single Post - 10 ft PC6 Turbo Porter
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 11:11 PM
swixtt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 10 ft PC6 Turbo Porter

wow... that looks really well done!! do you have any pics of the front without the cowl installed? i think i follow your desription on how you fastened it, but if you have one... post it up!!

keep up the great work!

ORIGINAL: marnochs

Thank Simco, hope the repairs are going well on your Porter

Well since we been having a cold snap here Southern California, I've been whittleing away at the cowl and belly (at least the heater in my garage is still working).
Cowl is aligned via 4-40 steel rods and 1/8" brass tubing (tubing is epoxied into the firewall) 6-32 allen head screws are mounted to the cowl ring on 1/4" standoffs. I ground down the threads toward the head of the screws to make them a "captive" type. The standoff are drilled and tapped for 6-32 thread. This way I wont have to fumble around with the screws when I mount the cowl.
Added a 1/4" ply renforcing ring on the backside of the firewall for the enging mount because of the big hole I cut for the pipe tunnel.
Had to put all the fusalage pieces togather to see what it's looking like....wow is it nose heavy, I'm glad my stabilizer/elevator is alittle on the heavy side now.

Landing gear is as per Martin's updated plans for a strengthen platform area. Only addition is a 1/8' x 5/8' aluminium strap for the wing struts to mount to ( just a semi-scale addition - kinda like the full size Porter has).
Next on the fabrication list is the landing gear struts/shock absorbers.

Scott