RCU Forums - View Single Post - Making volcano stx raceready
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 04:57 PM
rclynx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Making volcano stx raceready

The stock chrome pipe you buy from RCR helps a little on top end but if your talking jumps and bashing then for get chrome pipes and just go for all the aluminum parts on the front suspension. The weakest part in the testing and wrecks with jumps and roll overs is the lower control arm pin bending with direct hits on the front wheels. With the plastic lower arm it seems to bend much easier. And if your good at fabricating you can set up a stabalizer bar to the lower front arms that helps a whole lot. The bumper is redundent because it sits back to far from the wheels but it is good to add weight onto as needed. If your serious about the jumps make sure the servo saver adjustment is backed way off because the OEM servo as I said before sucks. Don't cut any holes in the body other than to vent the engine. Holes in the windows for refueling weakens the body to where it colapses easier there for more damage on the rolls.
What works the best with my tests on those models
1. I use the black spring from the tsunami shocks on all 4 of the aluminum shocks (from the Volcano Pro) Thats the 11004 shock spring on the 08058 metal shock.
2. I use 08037 lower front arm
3. I use 08036 upper front arm
4. I use 02186 steering arms
You need other hardware for these also
5. I use 08046 shafts
and use a big spacer for the rear shock springs and your good to go for jumping at a starting point anyway

I could elaborate more but just let me say this. if you start with the pro model, for it to be a good jumper it will take about $300.00 to $500.00 and you have a top quality jumper other wise the first step up is the info I gave you.[:-]

Happy bashing and keep a good supply of parts on hand