RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 03:52 PM
zack221

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ

ORIGINAL: ziggy653

[8D][X(] Ok fella's I got the Tornado XP the other day, and did an initial heat cycle on the engine to do the first stage of the break-in process. The car was a little hard to start, I used a little bit of throttle trim to help ease the starting process, it ran quit well ( 5 tanks already, variable throttle and no more than 1/3 throttle at ease ). A little rich so it will only run at idle with the glow igniter on, will run if you keep the throttle up a little though. But here is my question, and I know there are going to be a few hairs pulled here, but here we go: Why is my LHS Low Speed Idle Screw on the side of the carburator turned out from factory 3 full turns, not the 1 1/2 -1 3/4...???? >< The HSP High Speed Needle is set at 3 full turns as well. This I am sure is right however what about the " LHS " should it also be 3 full turns out?????????????????
your lsn (low speed needle) isnt your idle adjustment here is a pic of the needles

also just so you know lhs doesnt stand for low speed needle lhs stands for local hobby shop i just figured i would clear that up for you so everone would know that you werent talking about local hobby shop
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32467.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	607718