RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 05:28 PM
AL2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ

G'day people, thanks for all the great info in these forums - as a new guy to the nitro scene this site has been very helpfull given the lack of info that is provided in the 'instruction manual'.. I've had a few things break on my 1:10 scale truck - you guys call it the volcano over there. I geuss you get what you pay for but if this is aimed as an entry level truck into the nitro scene how hard is it to provide a comprehensive manual ? If I didn't have the internet i prob would have fed this truck to my rotti by now...
Anyway I am hooked on nitro vehicles big time and thanks again to all the helpfull people here. Over the past few weeks I have learnt a huge amount from these forums and this site. The other day I upgraded the clutch - the old factory one was not looking good. Following the advice read in these forums I got the HPI Heavy Duty Clutch Bell from the Savage SS - part A990 along with the HPI Teflon Clutch Shoe Set - part A886, doing away with the annoying spring setup as well as the poxy clutch bell. The new clutch set up works great but the guy in the model shop told me these shoes were not designed to work with this clutch bell - after putting the clutch together as per instructions i found the scissor springs were too long - maybe i did something wrong had not had much sleep and also had blurry eyes from a few too many beers the night before... but they stuck out about a mil past the shoes and scraped the inside of the bell when ingaging - I just trimmed a mil or so off the end of each spring put it back together and now it works great.
Spoke too soon : ( Had the truck going awesome for a while and then broke the blo_dy pull start ( I may be a bit of a gorrilla but i am not stupid I know not to be rough with the pull start ) - the engine had quite a bit of compression to it when I went to start it but then suddenly loosened up and i pulled the friggin string right thru the plastic where it is attached to inside of the pullstart, Grrrrr why can the not make a pullstart with metal internals.. ( does a monkey impression and waves his arms around ! ) Planning to head into town sometime this week and will get the HPI pull start> can anyone confirm that HPI LXN412 ( HPI 1668 PULL START NITRO STAR .15 .18 NIB ) is the one i need to fit the 1:10 truck - it has the vx-18 engine. Thanks, I like to avoid the stinking city when i can..