RCU Forums - View Single Post - comments on GP Pitts Special
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2003, 02:49 AM
flyster63
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default comments on GP Pitts Special

Well we have come to our first major problems with the Pitts. this past Saturday we were really flying it, putting it through a good solid day of flying. On the next to last flight the spinner flew apart while in flight, luckily the prop smacked it straight down and there was no damage to the plane. After landing and checking everything out real good she was back up in the air flying again. After about 5-8 minutes into the flight I noticed that the plane was constantly climbing. The plane was brought in immediately for fear there was something wrong. And we were right, both of the front mounting brackets on the top wing had snapped down the center of the bend, allowing the leading edge to raise up about an 1/2 inch or so. I contacted Great Planes on Tuesday but still haven't heard back from them and it's now Thursday night. Does anyone know of a stronger bracket that will work on this kit? Don't get me wrong, I still feel the kit is an awesome kit and have no bad feelings toward Great Planes in this matter.