RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Problames Should I Expect???
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 04:26 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: What Problames Should I Expect???

In the Savage world at the moment, everybody is getting(and telling other people to get..) the Savage X SS. Though I'm loath to agree with people TOO much....., in this case I do think it's the better call. I know the upfront price is kind of scary, but if you look at the whole thing as a hobby that you'll be having fun with over the long term, then the X SS is the cheaper option..

When I first got into RC just spending what I did on my first Savage 25 was WAY more than I wanted to spend, but in the end I think I got lucky and got the jewel of that day's production or whatever. That truck has locked me into this addiction way too strongly..

Anyway, I also didn't want to spend so much money to have to build something I wasn't sure I could manage, and might screw up. Well, I just built my X SS, and it was easy - and fun too(winter here, nothing else to do..)

If you buy the X RTR you're gonna have to take half of it apart anyway to put in the new diff stuff. The X SS has a fairly long list of not only upgrades(pipe, tires, engine, brakes, etc..), but also qualititative improvements over the X RTR. For ex, the TVP's are better(could be that all Savs come with those now, but not sure..) They also reinforced the tranny case a tiny bit, and so on.

Plus, most guys end up really soon buying new servos, maybe a new radio, a pipe, other tires, maybe a bigger faster engine(though I do think the F4.1 is probably pretty good..), so why not just get all that from the get-go?

So that's my advice anyway. If you're gonna get an MT and be a bear, be a grizzly and get the best right away. You already made the mistake of getting the koala, so go out and get the grizzly. Like I said, looked at over a six month period it'll probably be cheaper anyway. Good luck.