RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Problames Should I Expect???
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 02:35 PM
itsnotskidding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What Problames Should I Expect???

i had the "X" and have smashed mine about alot, the rear diff went and that it, will suggest you check the mesh of spur when you first get it, and all the chassis screws as they do come lose!.. have lost a few, lol..i would also suggest the servo upgrades as mentioned above,clutch shoes are a maybe in my book, if you want to bash they will be o.k.

the 4.1 engine is very good, i had run 13 gallon through mine and not a single hick up!, very happy with it, the 4.6 is better but the 4.1 can do anythinh its bigger brother can, so not realy an issue, unless you plan on racing??...

the shock oil in the X can be weak at only 10wt out of the box and could do with 35wt but its a personal opionion, the roll cage must be added to protect the engine head as the X will wheelie and the shell needs a lil cut to fit, also a wheelie bar, hump pack, (tornado 1600) is all that you need to be a basher,

hope this helps as i was not sure when i got mine but they are very cool, also check the screws on the rota start backplate as they can be lose and fall out...
nothing locktight cant solve!, plus like above they are offering alot of the diff case and cb upgrades so now is the time to buy, !!

the dx3 is good but as long as you add a fail safe to your truck and you want to bash the tf3 is good enough...