RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help with Century Jet retracts
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2003, 09:22 PM
wulf190
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Century Jet retracts

Syd, I've used the flitemetal on a Bonanza, turned out great. You'll be really pleased with the finished product, good stuff. You can accentuate panels pretty easily through a variety of techniques, from using a sharpened pencil to the rivet tool, or brass tubing for the larger rivets. I still have a roll left and was happy enough with it to keep it around for future use. The above posts seem to be consistent enough with previous threads about the topic of service for the gear. I have experienced both scenarios re. service. The good part was really good, but the bad part was bad enough to keep me away in the future. Maybe it's more the inability to develop trust that motivates me to keep my distance. Either way, don't go ripping your plane apart or anything, you should be fine once you get things squared away. Just keep an eye on the tightness of the operation as they wear, as you would with other gear as well. Would be helpful to know what you get figured out if you can keep us posted.