View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 10:11 PM
preich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FS one by Horizon Hobbies

ORIGINAL: MSelig

ORIGINAL: preich

SUCCESS!

That worked. No program crashes, even in the calibrate utility. I chose the Optic 6 with 2 aileron servos and all worked, albeit throttle, rudder and elevator needed reversed. I reversed those at the radio rather than get into the xmitter edit routine that I have not had much luck with.

Now for my REAL goal....I just built a Hanger 9 .60 Corsair. I probably have a few months before the weather breaks for it's maiden flight, so my goal was to try and get a feel for it in FSOne. To do that I need to edit the transmitter to get the retracts and the airframe power system to configure for the SAITO 1.0 and 14X7 prop I am using. Hopefully I can do that without more program crashes.

But, with your help, at least I am flying the Alpha 40 with my old transmitter and everything is moving in the right directions.
Real good to hear! When using real radios, reversing some channels is par for the course.

To get the Corsair flying w/ one of the Software Radios in FS One, I suggest looking at this FAQ:

http://www.inertiasoft.com/fsonefaq/#Q1027-FS1

It covers how to get a 4-ch Fut radio working w/ FS One. In your case, w/ a 6-ch Fut, you'd pick the "6 ch emu" setup as a baseline (vs the "4 ch emu" mentioned in the FAQ). Reassign the axes following the method as described. To do this, the Tx Editor is used to remap the axes.

BTW - I'm not sure what happened to the Options setup you had, but something apparently was confused and reverting back to the install defaults worked out the kinks. There should not really ever be a situation where someone needs to reinstall.

Michael
I'M FLYING!!!

I've been able to configure for the H9 Corsair and the H9 giant P-51, editing the copied Optic 6 transmitter for each. One thing I found out is that the more processes or TRS's as we used to call them, that you can kill prior to launching FSOne the better. (Makes sense, but I didn't think of it earlier) I have had no crashes since killing all of the TRS's that were running in the background.

I need to get more aileron throw on the Corsair, and I'll figure that out, but everything looks good so far and shows promise.

Thanks to Michael, I was able to get this up and running over a week-end when no other help could be expected. AND I never had to pick up the phone. If this is indicative of the service that can be expected from FS One, Hanger 9 and the developer, it is a breath of fresh air.

Thanks, Michael, for your efforts....and on a Sunday too.