RCU Forums - View Single Post - moving the firewall back on a CG Ultimate..?
Old 02-06-2003, 01:37 AM
punkey71
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks

Thanks for all the suggestions thus far (keep em coming! )

Here's what i've done so far...

first, I'm using Higley's Bipes as a guide (excellent)....but doesn't address the moving of the firewall if needed...

I'm using 5 ply aircraft for firewall and 1/4" spruce stringers as opposed to smaller balsa ones in kit....I'm gonna glass the joint as suggested...thanks!

reinforced the interplane struts with light ply...

Used all of Higleys suggestions for top wing mounting (5 ply for wing wire mount blocks...etc...

leaving aft fuse punch outs in sides for mounting dual elevator servos in tail....Hitec 225MG mini's

Dual aileron servos...Hitec 77 low profile's (having trouble deciding/figuring out how to build servo mounts in the wing)

1650ma NiMh will be towards the back to balance the big Saito 150...

I guess I'll just leave the firewall where it is and have the engine about 1/2" forward of plans...with the servos in the tail and battery aft, I should be ok...right?

4-40 all around (or maybe carbon 2-56). Can't decide!

Any body have a better than plans suggestion for the pull-pull system on the rudder? Also, Hitec 645MG ok?

Anything else you guys might wanna suggest...I'm hope i'm not too much of a bother. I am doing my own research and trying learn (not just ask someone to do it for me). This forum just has so much good info, I have to ask for suggestions from those who know....

I really do appreciate it..thanks!

Best,
Harold