RCU Forums - View Single Post - moving the firewall back on a CG Ultimate..?
Old 02-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Robelander
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A LOT OF GREAT TIPS...HERE"S MORE

Hello,
I am too constructing a CG Ultimate as my off season project. I have like the rest of you made some mod's to the kit along the construction process. They go as follows. I thought one of the most important mod's was beefing up the fuse top frame where the 4 mounting bolts hold the top wing supports brackets. I used 1/2 balsa triangle stock to beef that up. I also used tri stock around the firewall as well. In addition to the tri stock on the firewall I plan to use Kevlar instead of glass (air bag from any autobody shop) to coat the inside for strength. I put the 225's in the tail for elevator, Using 605 for the pull pull. I used the Sullivan Kevlar kit. I used the 77's in the wings for aieleron's. I did construct recessed tray's for them to make them neat. I also used the Klett (C.G. product) tail wheel instead of using the rudder to mount stock wire system in place. I sheeted the sides of the fuse with 1/32 6x48 in sheets for torque twisting. I am using a Saito 120 with a Slimline smoke muffler 4006US . I will be using a TME smoke pump and 16 Oz tank for smoke oil (this will be my C.G. balancing items). I am installing a 20 Oz fuel tank for longer flight times. Covering is Ultra Kote. NOW... to see if this bird will fly with all of this weight????? I am covering the bottom wing now (last part)and I wish I found this forum earlier since I didnt think to beef up the cabanes and the appropriate ribs. I used the cutout from the fuse (the one in front of the cockpit) as a servo tray instead of using the 2 spruce strips provided. Throttle and rudder are mounted here. I'll stop here, if any comments or suggestions please e-mail [email protected].

ISO of better landing gear.