RCU Forums - View Single Post - Maxair Revolution II Velox
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 02:06 AM
Barry Cazier
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maxair Revolution II Velox

When you get the mighty 110 it will come with directions. It's very critical that you follow (and double check, twice) the fuel line set up. It's easy to get wrong if you're not careful. Anyways, in the carb line and the return line (it's a closed system) I install a tee with a short line coming out to atomsphere with a plug in it. Then when you fill the tank you undo the pressure side first (if you don't you'll get a big fat surprise with a squirt of fuel in the eye) and relieve teh pressure. Then you remove the plug from the other line and leave the pressure line open. Then you fill the tank until the fuel comes out the pressure line. Install both plugs and you're good to go.

The YS is a very different animal. Be patient and do it right. You'll be rewarded with the most responsive engine you've ever flown. By far. It's is amazing. The fuel tank is under pressure with about 9-12 psi. That's what gives you INSTANT throttle response. That and the engine is supercharged which adds about 3 PSI to the air intake. This engine produces HP. You simply will not believe the difference from what you've been flying. And it's very economical. I use a 16oz tank and can fly for 13 minutes and have 1/4 to 1/3 of a tank left. Every time. It's amazing.

But they are difficult to tune. But once you get them set they never need tuning again. In fact...just leave it alone. Maybe the new regulator will make them easier to tune or perfect from the factory. Of the six I have...I had one that ran perfect. The other 5 I had to adjust to perfect. I did that by opening the regulator to 3 turns on every one of them.

The other thing that confuses people is the low speed jet. It is opposite of everything else. you open it to lean it. It is an air screw, not a fuel screw. So...you close it (less air) to richen it and open it (more air) to lean it. After you get use to it it's not hard buy you have to know what you're doing. I start with the low speed jet (air screw) 1 1/2 turns out. I also start with the main jet 1 3/4 turns out.

Anyways, you will be amazed at the instant throttle response. It's simply quicker than anything on the market. And then just when you think that's the best benefit...you reach top end and realalize that you have more power than anybody else also. Pretty darn cool. Than you follow it up with better fuel milage than everybody else. The whole package is amazing.

Thanks
Barry

PS: Put the amazing engine with the best flying 90 size airplane out there (not the best quality, but the best flying) and you've got quite a package.