RCU Forums - View Single Post - Maxair Revolution II Velox
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 02:19 AM
Barry Cazier
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maxair Revolution II Velox

Also...

Don't bother with much of a break in on the YS. They don't need it. Run the engine before you fly it for 1 tank. That's it. after that just fly it without a lot of full throttle and high torque stuff for about 10 flights. Then the engine is considered fully broken in. The manual goes over that. Start with an APC 16x6 prop. That's usually the best. I sometimes run a 17x4W which is better for hovering only, but has quite a bit slower spool up. If you want to hover though it's great. Everything else the 16x6 is better.

BTW, I say in an eariler post where you thought the 2 strokes accelerate quicker. You won't be saying that much longer. That is the YS's strongest point. It accelerates so fast it's scary. It's instant. Makes for great waterfalls, flat spins, etc. The 2 strokes will do them but not as quick as the YS. Take offs are so quick it's amazing.

But the proof is in the pudding as they say. I can't wait to hear your opinion after you fly the mighty 110. I tried one and won't go back now. But the first 6 months were terrible. TERRIBLE. I couldn't make them run. But once I figured the regulator out...WOW!

Thanks
Barry