RCU Forums - View Single Post - Creek katana 120
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2003, 09:34 AM
optech
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creek katana 120

visioneer_one,
I have the Staudacher and I think it was the last of the first bunch. When we went to order the planes the guy said this style was the last they had in stock. I originally wanted the Sukhoi and my buddy wanted the Edge.

A couple of days after we bought them I noticed the web site had been changed to say that they were all out of the planes.

My yellow is a little translucent but the blue is very opaque. For whatever reason, the blue responded to the heat better than the yellow in such a way that it reminds me exactly of Ultracote. There were some bubbles all over the wings so I had to use lots of heat from a gun and a glove to heat up the covering til it separated off the wood and bubbled up. It would then shrink tight so I could smooth it back down. Sometimes I had to use a pin to ***** a hole as there was air trapped underneath. No matter how much heat I used it never burned through. I was really afraid I was melting the foam underneath the wood but so far so good. At first I tried to use an iron to smooth the material but it just wouldn't shrink up uniformly so I went with the gun and ended up on the highest setting.

Mike