RCU Forums - View Single Post - If you need Photoshop help...
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 02:21 AM
redfox435cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If you need Photoshop help...

been using vista for a couple weeks, got snuck a copy. As an OS it is pretty solid, the photo and video inbeded munipulation is really nice. Gaming at this point sucks since there all coded in 32 bit and the video drivers are scars and buggy, that won't change for probably a year while the programmers are being trained to write in 64 bit. As expected the lack of supported drivers will keep many away for a least a few months. The big plus is the huge amount of data that can be manupulated. With XP on this sytem it took 30 min to crunch 10 min of DVR video another 3-7 min to burn it, since the full bandwidth is now utilized it takes about 15 min from camcorder to dvd.
This OS is not going the way of ME. ME wad simply win 98 with usb support and was doomed from the get go. Vista to me run more like a MAC. The good parts of MAC with affordable hardware perks of a PC. The main downfall is the hardware that can fully utilized the OS isn't yet available to the public so I perdict the opion of vista will get the same snear and smear as XP did when it first came out. People tried to run it on older equipment so it was slow as hell and was buggy to begin with and everyone goes by their first impression. I for one like it but am waiting on some drivers