RCU Forums - View Single Post - ThunderTiger Rare Bear
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Rbeav533

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ThunderTiger Rare Bear

ORIGINAL: bignasdy

I have receipts from Ace dating back for 25 years............."made in america"......remember that....Ace? Receipts older than the fool on the phone.
Ace didnt send me nuthin, and acted like I was stupid, Saying "there is no problem with the rarebear", and that everyone having problems, was "using too big an engine".
I have to agree that, that is a huge problem with any airplane .
I fixed all the problems myself.
Ace ended up being the stupid ones as they have lost my interest, and business once and for all.
I love my rarebear, but could have designed, framed and finished one by the time I assembled, and corrected their arf............7 months!
Anyhow, wish yall luck with it........Mines done, at nearly 200 flights, and lots of touchups.
d
Unlike Bignasdy, I didn't even bother calling Ace about the problems with my early edition Rare Bear, simply due to the fact that it was widely reported Ace seemed indifferent to the problem. The standard line Ace seemed to be regurgitating at the time was the tail failures were due to owners over powering the airframes. I have pictures of the internal structure of the tail on my Rarebear that clearly show why the tails were failing on the early versions. The horizontal stab failures are solely the result of very poor workmanship by the manufacturer. The other problem, weak landing gear mounts, has nothing to do with the engine power. Most modellers choose to install larger engines vs dead weight to balance a model. The landing gear issues are solely the result of poor design and execution by Thunder Tiger.

Ace's reluctance to make an honest effort to understand why the early Rare Bears were failing in flight, and instead blaming modellers for the failures is unacceptable. Even their belated attempt to replace early versions of the tails wasn't well executed. The fact that they require a copy of the original purchase receipt before they will provide a replacement tail is proof of this. In my opinion all that should be required of the modeller is to send the original tail surfaces in for a new set. Because Ace doesn't seem to understand customer service I have made the decision to NEVER purchase any product sold or marketed by Ace or Thunder Tiger in the future.

Rich