RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro models pusher Bobcat?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 08:28 PM
PointMagu
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

I've been tinkering with several other projects and haven't really begun any serious assembly of my Bobcat.

However, today I purchased a coupla sanding sponges and commenced stripping the paint off the fuselage. The yellow, blue and green just isn;t what I want on this airframe.

I drilled 3 bolt holes for the aluminum landing gear and installed that as well. I tapped the plate, 1/4-20 and the nylon bolts hold the gear on quite well. I trimmed the threads flush with the top of the engine mount plate so that when I install the 61 OS, everything will match up. I'll slightly countersink the rear 2 blind nuts as these will be under the landing gear.

I got the Hitec MG125 elevator servo mounted and figured out the wire run down through the boom. I had to drill up through from the bottom of the tail boom to route the servo extension to the stabilizer. I'm glad I stripped all the covering off as there are quite a few gaps and imperfections in the woodwork. Lightweight spackling made short work of these.

I'm using a standard Spectrum servo, (620) for the rudder(s). I mounted the single servo on the inside of the starboard tailboom. I plan on coupling the rudders with a carbon fiber pushrod made up from Central Hobbies components. I simply don't want 2 servos for the rudder function.

I picked up an old Royal, twin wire nose gear and plan on using this up front. It has a black plastic yoke that looks, "Soviet" so this will lend itself to the SU-27 scheme I'm envisioning. The only challenge I see is that the coils are directly under the bearing block and mounting it may be problematic.

I'm enjoying reading all the posts on this little airplane. As I said before, I'm working on several other models but haven't missed a single post on the Bobcat. I only hope that mine turns out nearly as nice as y'alls....

PM