RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rafale complete kit from X-tremejets
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 02:10 AM
Airforce7
My Feedback: (31)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Rafale complete kit from X-tremejets

Amir,

I had the same problem with mine. I'm using JR 8411s. Here's what I did, I sanded the cover in the areas that the servo/bracket were hitting. The screws provided actually add to the problem as well. I went and got some better mounting screws all around. See photos below.

Watch the wings too. There's a fine balancing act going on with the elevons pivot. The elevon basically has a fixed position as it continues on into the fuselage, but you have to sand the trailing edge of the wing in order to get the recommended throw (30mm up/down) as well as find the proper hinge point. I think I'm there, but I haven't glued the hinge pins yet. I'll check it sometime Monday evening.

Interesting note, the Rafale overall length isn't 82 inches, it's 80. I quickly measured after I was able to successfully put it in the back of my truck (6' long bed x 20" tall inside with bed cover closed). I was surprised that it fit so well, at an angle of course.

I started messing with the gear and tried the Airpower gear valve and it was leaking massively. I'll come back to that when I get more serious with the gear installation. I just wanted to see if I could move the gear, which I couldn't.

The image with the exhaust nozzles shows some screws I used so that I can detach them. I wanted that option because the SST pipe would be easier to remove/install for me.

Ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76239.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	613369   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73849.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	613370   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej12537.jpg
Views:	27