RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Sportster 90/120
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 01:22 PM
RoyR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Super Sportster 90/120

ORIGINAL: SkyBound

Thanks guys,

I ordered the plans from RCM, and then the next day got an email from a fellow who found a kit for sale!

So I got BOTH! Life is good!

ANYONE with personal experience with this kit.... ANY information that would give me some pre-build knowledge would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
I have had two kits. My first, someone told me I would have trouble with the landing gear. Sure enough after a few months, on what looked like a normal landing, the gear collapsed, breaking a rib. I repared it, and put an aluminum gear on the fuselage. I did this by adding a hardwood support inside the fuse in front of the wing, and had no other problems. I did cream it in later. Broke the wing and messed it up beyond repair, the gear stripped the nylon bolts holding it on, but the fuse in that area was in good shape.
I bought a kit just before they stopped making them and for some reason stopped flying RC until this year. I just completed the kit and have three flights on it at this time. I built it with the gear on the fuse. By the way, I took the gear from the other Sportster, cleaned off the paint and polished it and have it on this kit.
I also put the servos in the wing on each aileron, and have dual elevator servos. I use standard servos and have no problems.
You will enjoy this kit, it is a lot of fun, both building and flying.