RCU Forums - View Single Post - Liquid cooled touring car
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 03:56 PM
bte214

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Liquid cooled touring car

ORIGINAL: RURC

ORIGINAL: bte214

It sounds kinda gimmicky to me. It looks really neat and I would want to try it personally, but I don't know how well it will work. It seems to me like the "special non-conductive fluid" will spend very little time in the radiator so it won't cool off. And if it did stay in long enough to cool off not much would make it to the motor to cool it off. ALso because it is a closed system the water, er "special fluid" will keep getting hotter and hotter. Even in an open system like in my boat, where cool water is constantly being pushed through, the motor gets warm. Also I'm not very worried that the bottom of my can by the output shaft would be cool. I'd be more worried about the entire can (fan) or the brushes. THat is why boats cooling coils are wrapped around the can and they have water cooled brushes. But, let us know how it works.
They have worked for me. Now I have the ones for brushless not the brushed ones. There is a difference, well at least the BL one costs more. I have not seen the brushed one. Nothing against your thoughts but if your thought was true then wouldent your car (unless you have an older VWor Porsche) just keep getting hotter. It comes to a predetermined temp and generally stays there, thermostat and all that. YOu are not aware of how fast the pump pumps the coolant. I will say that you need to make sure that you have a good air flow over the radiator. I even put a fan on one I built up. I wish I had them to get photos for you. These were putinto cars that I built for others.
As long as it acctually does work I don't have a prob with it. I realize about the 1:1 car thing as I do not have a VW lol. If the pump moves it fast enough it doesn't seem like it would spend enough time in the radiator to exchange enough heat. Looking at the rate water streams out of my boat it just seems like it would be too fast then. But if it works hey why not. Also do you know what kind of "special fluid" it is? Some things you may want to check out is brush cooling (kyosho made a kit) and the water jacket for the super vee.. It's not a coil but a sleeve that fits over it, and it doesn't seem as bulky as a coil. Check out the first few products on this page http://offshoreelectrics.com/MainPage.htm