RCU Forums - View Single Post - decisions decisions
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 07:44 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: decisions decisions

Richard, does the HL transmitter work on the earlier non smoke Pershing and tigers? I'll swing by the museum tomorrow and measure the gun tube. All my controllers look alike except the Bulldog, which has the removable chip which matches with one on the RC board in the tank. The others don't have these. Plus the Bulldog has black movable sliders which do control the movement to some extent. I think these are fine adjustments. On the Pershing and tiger, these do not move. .

To everyone;
terminology; tank gun barrel = gun tube
the blast deflector at the muzle end of the gun tube is a muzzle brake (or blast deflector) and the can behind it is the bore evacuator. (On later tanks, the can is more toward the middle of the tube.) This extracts burning fumes from the large bore of the gun until the loader can chamber another round and seal the breech again. (Breech is the rear end of the gun inside the turret.) Earlier loaders had no eyebrows and face was sunburned from the burning fumes flashing back into the turret. The Pershing had a very heavy double baffle muzzle brake, with two flat areas to kick the muzzle blast to the side. M-26A1 and later models went to a single baffle.

Thanks for the info. I'll look at the sites.

Bill