RCU Forums - View Single Post - Glow Plug worries
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Kevlar
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Glow Plug worries

ORIGINAL: speedster 1919

Stop Outacontrol----Why in the world would you want to use a $9 OSF or a $5 FOX MIRICLE plug when a $2.50 Fox RC LONG Idle bar plug will work just fine. First you didn't mention your nitro amount. A super Tigre will barely tolerate above 10% nitro and how old was your #8. It is reported that the Fox Idle Bar plug is the perfect plug because of timing for a ST engine. This is a medium hot plug. These plugs were invented for the Super Tigre's on purpose and don't flame me it was only for baffled pistons. With the RC LONG and a tad leaner on the low speed needle you will be fine and will not notice a RPM loss when removing igniter.
The only 2 stroke engine I own that did not like the Fox Idle Bar when it was start up cold was a TIGER SHARK 61 .I think it was FLY BOY DAVE that said a K&B 1L was the fix to start up noise. IT DID --Funny I have a TIGER SHARK 46 and the RCLONG is just fine. Don't get me wrong, once the TS61 warmed up the Fox RC LONG was just fine.
...is this true, barely over 10%....maybe that's why I'm having a similiar problem with my G-90 on 15% nitro? It sputters at the low end, but screams at the high end and doesn't transition very well.....Sorry - didn't mean to hijack you post.