RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sonix v2 CNC head setup for 22e
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 06:20 PM
spOon2410

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 22e v2 CNC upgrade setup

[EDITED TO ADD INFO TO THREAD]

So far I have found the CNC to be a very good upgrade. It is smooth, as mentioned by NY, and durable.
It does take, however, quite a bit of work to get set up, as you can see from the above posts. This may not be for some.

A disadvantage that I have been noticing from the CNC is the weight. With a stock heli, it is already lacking power IMO.
So, i would suggest pairing this upgrade with a Lipo battery. The lipo weighs less, and gives more power and flight time. With the stock batt you can run out of steam quite quickly, and also the bird is a little on the heavy side.

If you already have a lipo, or even a BL motor (which would probably help give more power), then the CNC is a smart upgrade for your 22E.

[ANOTHER EDIT]

After playing around with the PLT and PZT knobs I managed to get the heli to fly much better and longer. I also had to adjust the hieght of the swashplate so that the pitch was good with all the servo arms at a good angle and with the cyclic controls and trim in the middle.

Heres my latest video of me flying with the CNC upgrade: It is quite stable as you can see (must be the pilot :P). Also, you can see there is no lack of power with stock setup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M4lv...elated&search=

I have a lipo on the way, so I am excited to see how it flys with that upgrade as well!

EDIT: NOW WITH LIPO

Got my 1200mah 10C lipo, it has completely changed this machine! I hover around 53% throttle, and can rocket into the sky when i want. The weight from CNC head is no longer an issue one bit.
After playing with PLT and PIT again, i was able to get the heli to hover just perfectly (had a nice calm day today to do it), and could have it just sit there for 3-5 seconds without any cyclic input (no hands!). This CNC head has sure made my 22E a great helicopter to fly, very stable and smooth, yet responsive!
Although heavy on the wallet the CNC upgrade is great!! Holds up great in crashes...Ive had two into cement with no head damage! Just blades! (and landing gear..etc : P)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84943.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	618030   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45331.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	618031   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46773.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	69.2 KB