RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sonix v2 CNC head setup for 22e
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 05:30 AM
cmavr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 22e v2 CNC upgrade setup

ORIGINAL: JSGP51

I've been reading this site for a couple of weeks. I of course bought a W. 22e. And Thinking I might have a clue from Flying Planes for 12 years and racing R/c Truck for 4. I might know what I'm doing. But of course I didn't. Made some mistakes along the way.

The first brush motor Had a piece break off inside and it quite. Then I bought a 2nd from my hobby store for 10.00 and it seems to after 2 weeks be loosing it's power as well. It won't get off the deck hardly.

I have anyways came to the conclusion that The brush motor soon heats up and looses power to even get the W. E22 off the ground. I just went on line, just now, and purchased the 4200kv combo set brushless motor and esc from EHrirobo. and a couple of 11V 2200 Li-Po's Thinking that that motor will eat the juice quiker. And a heat sink.

I thought I would email one of you guys and ask if this was a mistake. Or is this too much for this Heli? Also is the pinion that comes with it the right size.

Also I was trying to figure out how the servo extend knob and the Delay Knob for the gyro. I've adjusted them and read the discription and they don't seem to change the flight pattern at all.

I have also kicked myself for not just going to the Walkera 60 Metal and brushless of on of the other more better made heli's on ebay. I figure if I do than these recently purchased part with transfer over easy enough.

Abyways any takers on these ?.
JSGP51, welcome to the club, but this is not the right post. This post is only about the cnc upgrade. Please visit the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3722641/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm]Walkera 22E Lets Talk[/link] forum. Use the search box on the bottom right of the page to search for every on of your questions. Then post the ones that remain unresolved.

I will gladly answer to your questions.

Please try to understand why we're doing this. There are many people starting this hobby per week, and it's not easy to answer to the same questions over and over again...

Hope to see you in the other forum!
(BTW: 2200 mah lipo is too heavy for this heli... It will fly but will be difficult. Sorry..)