RCU Forums - View Single Post - Linkages, Horns, EZ-connectors, Z-bends Etc.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:49 PM
SamD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Linkages, Horns, EZ-connectors, Z-bends Etc.

Paul's site it great and with rare exception, I agree with everything put forth. But those Z-bends... As I've said, many, many times, we don't use 'em on full size airplanes and I have no intention of using them on model airplanes. As soon as they're shoved through the holes of the servo arm and control horns, the holes become elongated. To further compound the issue, they seem to always be used in applications where the servo axis and control surface axis are 90 degrees to one another, thus creating a binding condition. The easy links eliminate the problem with elongated holes and are a step in the right direction- as long as the axis's of control are on the same plane. The quick connectors are- arguably- an abomination suitable for throttle linkages only but people will protest to the end they're great and I suppose it's hard to argue with success- or failure- as the case may be.

Ball links & clevis's are my preferred choice with the following ball links being my choice if I have them on hand: http://www.bennettbuilt.com/page7.htm The ball & bolt are one piece eliminating the extra hardware associated with typical ball links. Expensive, yes, nice- absolutely. Combined with Central Hobbies CF pushrod & titanium ends, it's a combination hard to beat- but mighty expensive.