RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Sethhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.

Hey everyone - just a quick pic to keep the thread alive!! Actually I think this is the first photo (looking down from the ceiling) with the wings on. My shop now requires an island to support the tail! Now I see why giant scaler's have big shops!! I'm getting lots of exercise ducking under this thing. Final balanced weight projection is 25 lbs, 25 oz/sqft. Running rigging is done. Next up is covering the lower wing, painting the wings and struts, cockpit detail, pilot, engine and radio. I bought some really cute round mirrors from Edmund scientific for the rear-views (not shown). The 4.5" diameter spinner is still under deep consideration; I'm thinking vacuum forming, but need to build a vacuum forming box, buy a lathe to turn a buck, and then or course learn how to v-form. (This a really good excuse to buy some tools for my "big-project" shop). I'm considering using thick (i.e., .375) steel for the backing plate (like a fly wheel) to get some weight as far forward as possible. Anyone see any problems with that idea? I have access to a nice Hardinge lathe to turn it true. Engine I'm considering is the revolution R-50.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44462.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	619146