RCU Forums - View Single Post - Patriot related
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 02:32 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Patriot related

I added a few comments.... adjustments... recommendations..

Bob

ORIGINAL: Methanolover

Well, I can make an ugly drawing, but it really isn't necessary,,,

This is what you'll do:

1, take both feed-lines from the tanks and connect them to a tee. From this tee, connect a fuel-line to the needle valve.
2, take both pressure-lines from the tanks and connect to another tee. From this tee you connect a fuel-line to the muffler.

You have now plumbed them parallelly!

When filling them up:

1 - Connect tanker to the fuel-line that goes to the tee and to the fuel tanks (feed line to the needle valve). Suck all of the air out of tanks by pulling on the tanker , held above tanks and with Jett-tanker outlet downwards!!! You may have to do this twice. You will feel resistance/suction. When all of the air is out , clamp the fuel tank line with hemostats. Remove the tanker from the fuel line.

2A, Draw fuel into the tanker from your fuel jug to about 3/4 full (be sure to use a fuel filter)

2B, Connect tanker to the fuel-line that goes to the tee and to the fuel tanks. It is time to press and fill the system.

3A - First, suck air out of tanks by pulling on the tanker (yes, do it again at this point - reason for why to fill only 3/4!) , tanker held above tanks and with Jett-tanker outlet pointed downwards!!! Any remaining air can be seen bubbling to the top. When all of the air is out , press slowly on the tanker plunger to fill the tank. Stop before all of the fuel is gone from the tanker (do not press until empty)

3B For larger fuel systems, after the first tanker load is in, CLAMP OFF the tank fuel line using hemostats or a similar device. Remove the tanker fill line.

4, You will need to refill the tanker as it now 99% empty ... and as you have had to disconnect the tanker you must avoid any air going in,,(per clamp/hemostats in 3B)
Tip: Get that pair of pliers doctors use (hemostats), to clamp fuel-line before disconnecting tanker.

5. When the tank is full (resistance is felt and the plunger stops, again clamp off the fuel tank line, slightly withdraw the plunger in the tanker (to de-pressurise things a bit), and remove the tanker. Connect the feed line to the needle valve inlet. I recommend leaving the hemostats on until just about ready to start the engine.

B sure to carefully read Dub Jett's manual on Jett's homepage!!! (If I missed something) Manual also tells how hard to pull and press, so that tanks not are destroyed!!!!

Yes, when filling the tank, you will feel the fuel plunger stop when the tank is full. Do not continue to push - this is not a pressurized fuel system. Also, never use a mechanical or electric pump - or you risk rupturing the bladder within the tank.

Do not forget the ear caps!

HT