View Single Post
Old 02-11-2003, 02:56 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ultra Stick 60

Originally posted by rcpilot44
How do you like your Saito 100 your US?
This plane is designed for un-adulterated fun. With that in mind, the Saito FA-100 turns this ship into a virtical rocket.

I flew my US 60 a couple of weeks ago after being grounded for over 2 months by Old Man Winter -- we had a 50+ degree spring brake day. I never removed the plane from the van after the flying season so it sat in the cold van for 2 months of inactivity. After fueling, checking and peaking the batteries, and doing a range check of the radio I fired her up. Almost immediate and purring like a kitten at idle. I 1/2-throttled her into a takeoff run and was off the ground before I knew it. The 1st flight of the day was like the middle flight of a warm day -- awesome engine and awesome airplane.

The only problem I'm going to have is a decision on what airplanes to fly during the spring. I've been very busy during the winter and now have almost 10 airplanes that are flyable -- it will just have to be a decision of the Ultra Stick plus one or two other planes that will fit in my van at one time.