RCU Forums - View Single Post - Trainer Question
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 04:22 PM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trainer Question

ORIGINAL: fishy2k8

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...9&I=LXCAS2&P=K i was also looking at this one... it's $30 cheaper and will use the .40 any suggestions for a nitro trainer that would use a .40. or is the tower hobbies one ok? (this post was supposed to be sent earlier.. i guess i didnt hit the buttong... anyway... i think this is what im going to get. sound ok?
Sure, that is a perfectly adequate trainer. It will fly well on the OS 40LA. Of course, you can spend more money on a higher performance engine, but for what? As RC Ken said, you are are much better off learning to fly on the wing and not just powering through mistakes. Learn to fly the way an airplane flies. Trainers often lead a rough life. It's a good idea to get a sound, serviceable plane/engine at a reasonable cost. Save up for the higher performance stuff for the "next", higher performance airplane. You may find you will keep your trainer for many years to fly just for your own enjoyment, or to eventually instruct other RC hopefulls on it. Or not.