RCU Forums - View Single Post - 160DZ Regulator Question
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 160DZ Regulator Question

Jayjay,

Its not uncommon to have the reg screw inside of flush....meaning richer than the flush with the housing setting.

I have a 160 that is that way. Its probably not 2 turns but 1 to 1.5. It really all depends on the spring. If Yamada rebuilt the engine and ran it its possible that it could be set. Or He could have just put it back together and not run it.

I would say you are OK to run it as is or set it back and run it Flush. You will know right away if it needs adjustment. If you know this engine well then I personally would set it back.

So many things will cause changes to this pump setting. The fuel used, the prop can even have a little affect. You local elevation, and temperature. Just a host of things that can cause it to be different. I always start my engines at the Troy's preferred settings. I keep good notes on my engines and mark them so I can tell which one I have in my hand. Pump settings and HS needle setting will be all over the place from engine to engine. swapping the pump from one engine to another will also cause a change in setting. Usually I don't have to tweak more than about 1/2 turn either way.

Since you have setup more of these engines you have experience with the pump being too lean and too rich....you know what that acts like and can make the adjustments needed. Its not a big deal.

By the way I have an Oxai Astral XXc and its a awesome flying model. Have not flown a Xtreme version, I know the Oxai version is closer to the Naruke XX plus. The changes in the 3 versions are all subtle, but I hope to fly a Naruke version this week. Bill Cunningham has a pair of them and he is coming to Phoenix AZ for a competition next weekend. I love the way the Astral XX rolls. Its a very good model indeed. I have my 170DZ in it at the moment and its a great combo. 4536g (9.97lbs without fuel)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94659.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	624958