RCU Forums - View Single Post - A few questions about 1/12 HOB P-51
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Cobra289

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few questions about 1/12 HOB P-51

Hello, Im Josh, Im 16, I live in Duncan, Oklahoma. I have been Very enterested in getting into the Model R/C aircraft thing for awhile now, I havnt had the funds or the guts to really try my luck at building one of these. I have Been into the R/C car thing for a few years was looking forward to trying something different. I ordered the HOB P-51 .074.. Should be here in the next few days. It is my first model. I know i probley should have gone with something alittle more RTF. I just couldnt resist the HOB P-51.. I hear it is a good flying aircraft if built right. I do plan on it being setup with landing gear...2 1/2 Great planes Rubber outer foam core wheels...
I was giving some old RC stuff by a freind. Along with this stuff was 2 O.S. Max-10FSR. 1 Brand New. was still in original box... box missing top though. The other have probley 50 hours or more on it. Still seems to make awesome compresion. I was impressed with the amount of compression these little things make compared to my .28 ofna that i run in my trucks... Any way. the Max-10FSR is 1.76cc I think....if im right that is like a .10.....I figured i would use one of these for this mustang. Im alittle confused. I have been reading around alot the last few day for all the info i can get about this aircraft..i know thier is alot on this site too but i wasnt sure about what i was reading and wanted to ask my self. Would this engine Major over power for this plane? Prop i plan to run is a MK super-power 7x4. I wasnt sure about the servos it would require eather. I have countless numbers of standerd size servos ranging from some like 34oz/in to well over 200oz/in. Would the extra power of this engine over come some of the extra weight of the standard servo?..
Is the engine even a Power House at all? I haver never heard them run. before.

Engine with spinner has around 50 hours.... Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41255.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	626895   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66310.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	626896