RCU Forums - View Single Post - hpi baja motor ?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 12:47 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hpi baja motor ?

ORIGINAL: Earth Surfer

ORIGINAL: rcnitrodriver

What if I just added the Jet Pro V3 to the stock motor? Will this make the baja go 40+ mph and add a little more torque?
Yes also. A good pipe is the #1 single bolt on item for performance you can buy for a two stroke engine.

Badz--I say the CY29's don't rev as high as other engines from the testing I did on peds with me on the ped (220 lbs at the time--I lost some since then), and I tried like heck to get more RPM without losing the good low end it has (with porting and ingition timeing changes only though). For many peds, we have a spindle that is bolted on the crank, and runs right on the tire (direct drive--no clutch--will stall when stopped), so we can change spindle diameters for a gearing change. I run the smaller spindles which tent to rev higher than taller gearing--I only got about 15,000 RPM out of the head kit version and about 16,000 out of the non head kit version (using the higher reving S1 pipe). I could get it higher--but the low end was suffering, and that was the good point of that motor when it came out. Carb tuning was set with a good spark plug color, but they might have reved a bit higher if I went a little more lean. Everybody in the ped racing world knows the engine does not rev as much as other engines (but it has better low and mid than most of them) and I don't think anybody in the faster classes will use that motor. Now, on a RC car, it will rev higher I am sure because the load is lower--but so will all the other engines.
Yeah I understand what you're saying...it seems to be fairly decent all around...It doesn't wind up as much as the 23cc'r did but it's night and day balls wise compared to the 23cc engine...i mainly only went 29cc cause i didn't wanna go 30.5cc right off so i went with the 29 and stroker crank cause now it's a cake mod to go 30.5cc