RCU Forums - View Single Post - Guillow's Spitfire Build
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Phlip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Guillow's Spitfire Build

I guess this thread could wind up lasting quite a while because I tend to build slowly and get distracted
I said this in the first post, and by now, you know I was telling the truth!
Now I'm heading off to begin adding the stringers to the fuselage.
But when I said this in August, I was definitley lying! I guess I could blame busy-ness, but truthfully, when I run up against difficulties like the following, I tend to shy away from the build for a while. Anyway, back at it ...

I don't really have much progress to report, and no pictures at the moment, but what has happened is that I've discovered some problems and lack of forsight on my part. After hooking up the throttle cable and routing the linkage to the servo, all working smoothly, I discovered that I would have interference with the aileron servo when the wing is installed. So, frustrated, I've left it alone for a few months. Today, though, I just spent the afternoon modifying the location of the throttle cable so that I can turn the throttle servo over in the tray. Unfortunately, the cable now binds and won't work. So I have to pull it all out and start over. After that is working OK, I still hope to get to the fuselage stringers!