RCU Forums - View Single Post - duraplane aerobat 40
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 02:38 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: duraplane aerobat 40

Flying a duraplane is better than not flying at all, but I don't know anybody who has owned one and spoken enthusiastically about it.

Edit: Except for -Extra- who typed the above post while I was posting this

Duraplanes are designed to bounce when crashed and to be easy to repair. Flying characteristics are a secondary consideration.

If you want to build a quick kit or ARF and not spend a lot of money, you can find airframes in the same price range that will fly better and be easy to repair if dinged up:

Lanier Fun Fly .40 kit
Great Planes PT 40 kit
Tower Trainer .40 MKII ARF
World Models Sky Raider Mach I ARF

In fact, I'll stop right there. If you want a .40-sized high wing plane with good aerobatic capabilities, the World Models Sky Raider Mach I is a better choice in every way than the Duraplane Aerobat kit. It's only $10 more than the Durplane kit, but it's 90% pre-built, includes all hardware, and is pre-covered. It will fly much better than the Duraplane, and it has a semi-symmetrical wing for good inverted flight and aerobatic peformance.

Compared to the Duraplane Aerobat kit, the World Models Sky Raider Mach I will be less expensive to finish, will fly better, will look better, and will go together far more quickly. With an ARF like the Sky Raider Mach I available, there's no reason to build a Duraplane Aerobat. Call Airborne Models and order yours today:

http://www.airborne-models.com/html/...p?ProductID=15