RCU Forums - View Single Post - Inverted glow help!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 11:14 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Inverted glow help!!!!!!!!

The tank can't be "a bit higher" It needs to be right on the button.

Look at it like this:
If your tank is centered on the carb spraybar--then no matter what attitude the plane is in----------the tank is always centered on the spraybar. If you fly inverted--the tank is centered on the spraybar. If you fly upright--tank is centered on the spraybar. Knife edge? Tank is centered.

The tank being out of whack is what causes a lot of the problems discussed on this forum. But, nobody ever wants to take the time or effort to rip out the factory tank support and make a new one to locate the tank properly. It takes about an hour to do it. A little glue, some sand paper and a razor saw is all ya need.

That and a desire to actually have it RIGHT--instead of kinda right. I'm kind of a nutball when it comes to stuff like this. I'll buy an ARF. Not too proud to say that. I like to build also. I LOVE to build. When I buy a new ARF--first thing I do is check out the tank support and do a "mock-up" on the fuel tank and engine while it's mounted up and bolted to the firewall. If it's not perfect, I rip it out and do it right.