View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Mode One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dwindling kit suppliers

ORIGINAL: rcmiket

"Do the arfers even take the radio gear out before trashing the planes? "
Uncalled for so ARF buyers are stupid?
"I just pass it up and keep looking for one like it in kit form. i just am not ready to put the tools down and buy arfs."
Do you still build your radio's too?
I kills me the way some treat a ARF buyer. As if we don't have enough problems with the hobby today. AMA membership is not skyrocketing nor is participation in our sport. At least a ARF gives the average guy who might want to give R/C a shot a chance at success. He might just get the bug and become a active member. If all you "builders" now turned "whiners" would have bought the kits these guys were producing maybe it would be different. Just my opinion which don't mean squat. By the way I build Kits, and from plans and even assemble ARF's (God Forbid)
I thought the content of this thread was being fair to all, with very few shots from the hip. Most R/Cers will admit they do both Kits and ARFs, if they can be honest with themselves. What is up with your tirade, here? To have such animosity towards model airplane builders, when you state: you yourself, are a builder, doesn't make much sense to me!