RCU Forums - View Single Post - duraplane aerobat 40
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 02:35 PM
bobrev06x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: duraplane aerobat 40

yeah, this thing is pretty cool actually. man, at first i was really discouraged. first of all, it was converted to electric flight so there's no fuel tank...had to buy one of those plus, i needed another servo...."cha ching"....and i bought two rolls of econokote to spruce up the apperance a bit. i have a bunch of monokote but i needed to use something "low temp" so..."cha ching"....more money. plus, i needed another receiver......"cha ching".....tail wheel assembly...engine mount.....there's no end to it. but it'll be a blast to get limbered up...thats what it's for. i sold my other trainer to a guy at our field and wish i hadnt. so guess what???....in the mean time, i've won an auction on ebay for a lanier explorer 40 so thats coming to! holy crap. i've got to thin out the shop pretty soon. here's a pic of my real babe. she's going up for maiden this spring too. it's a small scale yak 54 with a 46 engine. this is gonna be good. i just checked the balance and it's nice and flat for now. gotta see how it goes...really anxious.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82759.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	636547   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av70136.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	636548   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va71315.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	114.2 KB