RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 10:40 PM
tclaridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B

I just put my Spit together. Looks like some improvements over the Fw-190 and P-51. First off, the bird is 3 oz LIGHTER than the Fw!! This should give better performance. The wing seams are sealed better, so no open seams were found.

I like the paint and details like all the PZ warbirds. I noticed the radio is slightly upgraded. This is a ZX-10 Tx with servo reversing switches on the front, and the Rx is a six channel! The throttle is more precise, and so is the response to the servos. Much better control than the P-51 and Fw radios. So I am going to use the ZX-10 Tx for my Super Cub and the Fw. For the Fw-190, I just had to swap the servo plugs on the Rx, and it worked fine. Of course everything must be the same channel for this to work. But now I only need one Tx for three airplanes.

Everything out of the box was trimmed perfectly too. No adjustments necessary, although I always put about 1/16" aileron reflex (TE up) on the wing. The wing is real nice eliptic shape, semi-symmetrical. No wonder this bird flys nice!