RCU Forums - View Single Post - Revo 3.3 vs others
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 12:18 PM
zomg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo 3.3 vs others

I've been into the nitro off-road cars for around 7 years now, but it's always been buggies (namely Kyosho Infernos). now, however, I've decided to get myself a truck. after a bit of research I was somewhat surprised to find that it's rather difficult to choose a right truck. where buggies have clear performance and quality leaders (XRAY XB8EC, Losi 8ight, and Mugen MBX5R), the truck scene seems a little more fuzzy to me.

the most obvious choice seems to be Traxxas Revo 3.3 because of it's features most importantly, the number of hop-ups available for it. I see my future truck with as many metal upgrades installed on it as possible, thefore Revo definitely has an advantage there. my only concern is the fact that Revo 3.3 is quite old now. I believe it was released over a year ago, which makes it possible that Traxxas will release an upgraded version of Revo or a new truck some time soon. that is the kind of situation that I really wouldn't like to face - having just bought a truck which has become obsolete.

I don't want to be biased though, so the main reason I'm posting this thread is to ask you guys this: what competition does Revo 3.3 have? what other trucks are a match to Revo in terms of the available hop-ups? are there any newer, more advanced and professional trucks out there? my total budget for a new truck is $1500 at most, so I'll have to choose something within that limit.

any advise and feedback is very appreciated.