RCU Forums - View Single Post - help or i'll go crazy
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Polar_Bus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: help or i'll go crazy

ORIGINAL: bb942

ok, trying to start the break in on my nex x,and my first nitro. it wouldnt start at all before, I adjusted the idle adjustment scret cuz it looked like it wasnt open enough. and im messed with the HSN, i can not get it running for about 10-20 seconds then it shoulds like it locks up and kills. not sure what to do.someone please help
A brand new nitro engine will be set VERY rich from the factory to do the proper engine break-in. The carb needles are VERY sensitive to adjustments. Read your engine manual, and re-set the needles to exactly what they recommend. Also a new engine is very tight. A tip to help you more easier start a new engine is the slightly loosen the glow plug. This bleeds off a bit of compression allowing the engine to turn over MUCH easier. Some guys also use a hair dryer to pre-heat the engine too, this also allows easier starting. Do not adjust the HSN when breaking in a new engine. The HSN has no effect during break-in. The low speed needle will affect break in idle quality. If the engine starts, and idles good but slowly starts to die, and stall, turn the LSN clockwise 1/8 turn, and retry.