RCU Forums - View Single Post - Racing the Savage/T-Maxx
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 12:39 PM
Justin_Sane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing the Savage/T-Maxx

Hey Guys!

Premature newbie here with a deciding question. I have the go ahead from my accountant (wife of course) to satisfy my growing interest in starting an RC Hobby. I have read countless reviews on the Savage and T-Maxx. I have yet to hear of anyone talking about wether or not they are racing these things...and what their results have been. I don't mean backyard, baseball diamond, in the woods with a buddy racing. I'm talking getting with a local club, learning the ropes with your son, getting trophies racing. Based on all that I've read...The Savage (my pref as of now) and the T-Maxx are great knock around trucks. But are they race worthy? I live in a pretty fair sized city...with other large cities nearby. I can't find a dang thing on MT racing here on the internet. (Richmond, Norfolk). I want to have fun in the sun...but I'm psyched about the idea of racing.

Hope this wasn't too painfully new. My LHS acks like they are doing ME a fav when I'm asking them questions about a 500.00 purchase that I may make from them...(NOT!). I have around 500.00 to throw down.....Thnx