RCU Forums - View Single Post - Keeps Stalling (Picco .27)
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 11:06 AM
NITRO FUMES RULE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Keeps Stalling (Picco .27)

ORIGINAL: jlcc

okay ill try again tommorow, this is the trickiest engine i have tuned yet, did a traxxas 2.5 jato, orion wasp .26 and big gengesis for one of my friends, i have never had this much trouble with a engine yet. It idles good, but when you start giving it gas, it eventually dies. I hear these picco engines are good but i haven't gotten any good out of this one yet, Hope i can get running soon. I also had some clutch issiues which also ate up lots of my day, but thats been fixed with some shimming hear and their, just hope my picco isn't defective somewhere if so il sell it to someone who wants to rebuild it and get my self a .28 wasp, which i find works frikkin awsome.

Just a thought. Your engine may have an air leak causing a lean idle condition.
Pull engine and seal carb base, fuel inlet or banjo fitting, and main needle on carb.
Then seal the engine backplate using sensor safe silicone sealer. Also change your
fuel lines as they can have pinholes and this will cause tuning nightmares. If doing
these things don't help check your fuel tank o-ring seal and also check for cracks by
holding tank underwater, and blowing thru fuel line to check for any bubbles. These
are cheap fixes and may or may not help but at least you have eliminated some
possibilities.

If you are not smelling nitro fumes and listening to the sweet song your not LIVING !!