RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bad transition on Brisson 3.2?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 09:23 PM
Johng
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad transition on Brisson 3.2?

OK, after almost a year of really dependable performance with the Brison 3.2, I'm having some problems.

First, it started acting up a bit. didn't like starting, especially after running once. Took the cover plate off the carb and cleaned the screen and thought I had a new motor. transition was better than ever. Really cool.

Then, last weekend, it was quite cool out( in the 40's in Florida!) and my throttle response started acting up, especially after a idling glide. After going full throttle and letting the motor "clear" - throttle response would be good for a time. Yesterday was quite a bit warmer, but still the throttle problems. Actually, even worse.
It would hesitate, increasing RPM in steps - like a dirtbike shifting. I tried all sorts of needle changes, but no solution. I know it shouldn't be that touchy on needles anyway.

So, I'm thinking one of two things:

A) Using the motor on a cold day finally caused a gasket in the carb to fail. I had the covers off, and didn't see anything wrong. However, The engine is second hand and I don't know how old the rubber parts are so I got a carb rebuild kit and I'll do that in the next day or so.

OR

B) The cold weather triggered the oil mix in the gas to come out of solution and maybe gum up the works or something like that. I've seen a thread from last year where Klotz oil may come out of solution in some instances and cause some gumming/clogging.

I would like to hear any other suggestions you all would have for this problem.

TIA